"Science isn't about WHY. It's about WHY NOT. Why is so much of our science dangerous? Why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you on the butt on the way out, because you are fired."— Cave Johnson
Science is a systematic enterprise that builds knowledge in testable explanations and predictions about the universe. The earliest roots of science were founded in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia around 3500 to 3000 BCE. Their contributions to mathematics, astronomy, and medicine entered and shaped the Greek natural philosophy of classical antiquity, whereby formal attempts were made to provide explanations of events in the physical world based on natural causes. After the Western Roman Empire has fallen, the knowledge of Greek conceptions of the world deteriorated in Western Europe during the early centuries of the Middle Ages but was preserved in the Muslims during the Islamic Golden Age. The recovery and assimilation of Greek works and Islamic inquiries into Western Europe from the 10th to 13th century revived "natural philosophy" which was later turned by the Scientific Revolution that began in the 16th century as new ideas and discoveries departed from previous Greek conceptions and traditions. The scientific method soon played a role in knowledge creation and the institutional and professional features of science began to take shape in the 19th century (which changed the "natural philosophy" to "natural science"). Modern science is divided by the three major branches consisting of natural science, social science, and formal science. Science is based on research which led to the emergence of science policies that seek to influence the scientific enterprise by prioritizing the development of commercial products, armaments, health care, and environmental protection. This also leads to a toxic hatedom.
Why They're Scientifically Toxic
- Some of them actually believe that scientists are evil simply because of how some scientists are portrayed in fiction such Doctor Death from DC Comics, The Death Busters from Sailor Moon, Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb & Milo Murphy's Law, Doctor Doom from Marvel, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts, Davros from Doctor Who, etc., even though there are scientists that are good.
- There has been some religious nut-jobs who hate science.
- The religious nut-jobs are hypocrites at this topic, while they hate science some religious people can be scientists as well.
- Some would even hate science because it's boring, while there are also other things which are more boring.
- Typical conspiracy theorists who think that junk science is "true" science.
- They think that science is false when there are some scientific studies that are true.
- They make hate memes of science.
- They fail to realize that without science, humans couldn't evolve at all. This article can explain.
- If there was no science, then many stuff that people use today, such as cars, electronics etc. wouldn't even exist, not even this wiki.
- They would make up poor excuses why they hate science. Such as how some of the haters would fail a certain science subject such as chemistry or because of a teacher. This video explains it.
- They actually think that science ruins everything when it's mostly something that is debatable and it's mostly in the views of humankind.
- They hate science because of topics such as "Pluto is not a planet", "The existence of aliens is questionable", "The Earth is not flat", "The existence of dinosaurs during the bible times (Especially Noah's ark or the beginning) is questionable", etc.
- Many of them believe that science is hard. Do you expect everything to be easy?
- Some would actually think that science rejects humanity.
- Some would use the term "Screw Science".
- Irony: They hate science and yet they are fans of shows, video games, and movies that focus or delt on science such Dragon Ball,Rick and Morty, Dr.Stone, Doctor Who, Fullmetal Alchemist, To Love-Ru, Steins;Gate, Superbook (Both 1981 and 2011), The Flying House, Invader Zim, Jurassic Park, Jak and Daxter, Back to the Future, Astral Chain, Cave Story, Final Fantasy, Half-Life, Ratchet & Clank, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Spore, Portal, Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Test, The Magic School Bus, Cells at Work, Phineas and Ferb, The Adventure of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Bill Nye The Science Guy, A Certain (Series), and the Star Wars franchise.
Scientifically Redeeming Qualities
- Some would have a good reason why science isn't their favorite study subject. Although there are times that they still have to take it.
- Some also have a point that some science parts are difficult to learn, such as physics.
- Not all the crazy haters act like this.
- They are right that science does have its flaws.
- They are right that there were some science experiments that are evil such as the Nazi medical experiments, Surgical experiments on slaves, the Sandford prison experiment, etc. Here is a good article about it. Same with this one.
- They do have a point that some science fair projects are bad.
- They do have a point on how there are some science shows that are bad in general such as Bill Nye Saves the World.