Sing (Film) Hatedom
Sing is a 2016 animated film made by Universal and Illumination. It was directed and written by Garth Jennings, co-directed by Christophe Lourdelet. The film features over 60 songs from famous artists and also has an original song by Stevie Wonder and Ariana Grande called "Faith," which was nominated for a Golden Globe. Sing was the last film produced by Illumination Entertainment, under its original studio name, before it was renamed simply just Illumination in 2017, starting with their following film Despicable Me 3. The film tells the story about a koala bear named Buster Moon presides over a once-grand theater that has fallen on hard times. While the theater was falling into obscurity due to financial problems, Buster takes one final chance to restore his fading jewel to its former glory by producing the world's greatest singing competition. a sequel titled Sing 2 is set to release in 2020. While the movie did good, it had a toxic hatedom.
Why This Hatedom Isn't Talented
- To get the elephant out of the room, some are part of the Illumination Hatedom who simply hate it because it was made by Illumination.
- Some are part of the Zootopia Fandom who think that Sing rips off Zootopia but it does not because, aside from also being set in a world of anthropomorphic animals, it tells a completely different story.
- They hate it just because it features a lot of pop-songs. Well then, some movies still have pop-songs.
- They think that Sing tried so desperately hard to be hip and cool with the kids. You do realize that there is more to Sing than the songs, right?
- Some hate it because it features Furry characters and some would believe that it is pandering to furries. Just because a movie has animal characters does not mean that it is pandering to furries.
- Some are part of Furry Hatedom, as they only hate it for having anthropomorphic animals.
- Some say that everyone hates the movie when in reality, it had gotten a lot of positive reviews from critics.
- Before the movie was out, there were some who bashed on it without giving it a chance which is just stupid.
- Some hate art and memes such as this
- If you were to say you liked the movie, then they will attack you.
- It gets even worse if you say you liked the movie better than Zootopia.
- This post
- Some even make pathetic excuses to hate the movie
- They also think that the movie is sexist. What?
- Some are even part of the Elton John Hatedom because of how Johnny the Gorilla sung "I'm Still Standing".
- Some of them were even pissed off when they found out the same actor who voiced Johnny the Gorilla (Taron Egerton) portrayed Elton John in the 2019 biographical film Rocketman and sung his version of "I'm Still Standing".
- Possibly some are apart of the Family Guy Hatedom because Seth MacFarlane the creator of the show voiced Mike.
- A lot of mature haters such as I Hate Everything can respect opinions.
- Not all of them hate Illumination.
- Some hate the movie for a fair reason and also being mature about it.
- The hatedom is not really everywhere
- They do have a point about the movie's flaws.