Super Mario Odyssey Fandom and Hatedom
Super Mario Odyssey is a platform game published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch on October 27, 2017. An entry in the series, it follows Mario and Cappy, a sentient hat that allows Mario to control other characters and objects, as they journey across various worlds to save Princess Peach from his nemesis Bowser, who plans to forcibly marry her.
While the game itself is great, the fandom and hatedom is extremely toxic.
Why There is no "Jump Up, Superstar" in the Toxic Fandom and Hatedom (Extremely Toxic)
- Many of them come from the Nintendo Switch Fandom.
- The fanbase acclaim it like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ!
- Even if there is a flaw with the game, they praise it anyway!
- Some fans said the game was great even before it was out!
- Heck, some people only liked the game simply because a dinosaur was in the trailer!
- Even if you do enjoy the game, if you ever say one little negative about it, you will get bashed on constantly which counts as opinion disrespecting!
- Some people will even call you, "autistic" for saying something bad about the game, which is offensive to people who have autism! Because there are some good people with autism who are well behaved. Also, how is not liking a game mean you have autism?
- They force people to buy the game and get a Nintendo Switch, even if you aren't interested in the game/don't have enough money to buy it!
- The fans literally dedicate their entire life to this game and some think it is the most important thing in the world! Seriously, how is a video game more important than homeless people, politics, money, friends, and family?
- Don't ever try to critique them, you will get witch-hunted on constantly and you will be called offensive insults like "autistic", "cancerous" or "gay" Which is a real offense to autistic people, people with cancer and homosexuals.
- They think this is the game that "saved" Mario from a bad era when it didn't because Mario has mostly been good.
- It also comes from other Nintendo Fandoms like the Mario Hatedom, The Legend of Zelda Fandom (Most notably because of The Breath of the Wild), and Nintendo Hatedom.
- They are also part of the Nintendo Switch Hatedom.
- On youTube Youngdefiant made a rant on Super Mario Odyssey and said to the people that like the game “Kill your god damn self” which is really offensive.
- They are also apart of the Super Mario 64 Ironic Fandom.
- They are just a bunch of Legend of Zelda Fanbrats who want you to prefer Breath of The Wild instead of Super Mario Odyssey or else they Whine and Complain.
- They keep ignoring the game's good qualities.
- Opinion Lashing.
- They are also part of the Call of Duty Fandom and Sony Interactive Entertainment Fandom.
- Just like how the Kirby Star Allies Hatedom feels about Kirby Star Allies, The Super Mario Odyssey Hatedom bashes on the level design.
- It's filled with nostalgia's.
- Some of them also bash on this game for being easy and short.
- Just like the Princess Peach Hatedom they hate the game because of the ending of Peach rejecting Mario and Bowser's proposals.
- A few of them are part of the Sonic the Hedgehog Fandom.
- Just like every fandom, there are some mature fans of this game who do respect opinions and don't act possessive about it.
- At least the fandom is not as immature as the hatedom.
- Its not as bad as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Fandom.
- At least some good fan art exists.
- At least it’s sometimes not as bad as the Kirby Star Allies Hatedom.
- They are also right about the game's real flaws (Such as the Infamous 100 point moon missions and 100 percenting the game being so difficult).