Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hatedom
Super Smash Bros. BrawlAGW is the third installment of the titular crossover fighting game series. The game was originally planned to be released around 2007 but due to development issues, it had been delayed and released to a 2008 release date. This game features a roster that while some characters (like Mewtwo and Roy) were cut, it added new characters such as Meta Knight and King Dedede from Kirby, Wario from Super Mario as well as the WarioWare and Wario Land series, Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Lucas from MOTHER 3, Snake from Metal Gear, Sonic the Hedgehog and many more. This game features new content such as new stages, new song arrangements, a story mode in the form of "The Subspace Emissary", Coin Launcher (which replaced the Lottery in Melee), Stickers, events, new items, a lot original non-playable characters in SSE such as Tabuu and the Ancient Minister, demos of various old-school Nintendo games in the form of "Masterpieces", Stage Builder, and list of previously made or published by Nintendo on all of its consoles during Brawl's time in the form of "Chronicles". Brawl was also known to have a mod in the form of "Project M" where it was designed to be played more like its predecessor, as well as adding new characters costumes, new modes and the return of Mewtwo and Roy simply because of the response to the complaints about Brawl's physics, slower-paced gameplay, use of chance elements, and mechanics of certain attacks compared to Melee. While Brawl may have gotten a lot of praise by many, it also has a toxic hatedom.
Why They Should Be Turned Into Throphies
- To get the cat out of the bag, Melee Purists who hate Brawl for numerous and stupid reasons.
- First off is the infamous line that usually reads "It ain't as fast as Melee and you can't wavedash". Just because the performance of a game is not as fast as the other does not make it worse.
- They raged when Mewtwo did not return and began on hating Lucario. Some would go as far as hating Brawl simply because of Mewtwo's omission.
- They also hated Brawl for its tripping feature simply because whenever the control stick is smashed, there is a very small chance that the character will fall over, then being in a prone state with a confused expression. Just because this appeared here does not make the entire game itself bad.
- Many of them are Nostalgiatards and Edgelords who treat Melee like it's far superior compared to its successors.
- They seem to think that Brawl has a lot of flaws though Melee also had that; the glitches that include the Mini Yoshi Glitch, wobbling, Ness's Yo-yo Glitch, Mr. Game and Watch Kamikaze, and many others.
- Some would prefer Project M over Brawl simply because according to them, it is the best Smash game of all without realizing that Project M was just a fan-made mod.
- It's possible that liking Brawl will result in being called a "Casual" and be in for a bad time.
- They seem to be oblivious about the good qualities Brawl had such as Subspace Emissary and the inclusion of third-party characters for the first time.
- They also hate the game because many of the characters they wanted to be playable ended up being Assist Trophies (like Waluigi and Shadow), since this is also the first game in the series to include the Assist Trophy item.
- When Toon Link was announced back in 2008, even though he became more liked by the fandom with time, some fans hated his inclusion just because they wanted Vaati, Skull Kid or Midna.
- Wolf O’Donnell's was even WORSE, as many fans back then hated his inclusion as a pseudo-clone of Fox, just because they wanted Krystal from the same franchise, Masked Man from Mother 3, Mach Rider, Anyone who was a confirmed Assist Trophy (such as Shadow the Hedgehog, Isaac from Golden Sun, Little Mac, Lyn from Fire Emblem and Waluigi.), Micaiah, Black Shadow from F-Zero, Bomberman, Nightmare from Soul Calibur, Phoenix Wright, Knuckles and Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog, Ray from Custom Robo, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Black Mage from Final Fantasy, Rayman, Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters, X and Zero from Mega Man X, Midna, unlikely characters (Such as Sora or Master Chief from Halo), or anyone else.
- R.O.B. has also gotten hate back then but was less despised by the time the 4th Smash game was revealed.
- The hatedom thinks that the online play "was terrible" even though there were other games that are shown to have it far worse than Brawl. Examples include Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified and CGW.
- Some would even go as far as calling it the worst fighting game of all time simply because of the Melee worshipers where there are fighting games far worse than Brawl such as Fighter Within and Kabuki Warriors.
- They would call Brawl "One of Nintendo's biggest letdowns" where there are letdowns that are far more shocking than Brawl. Such examples are the Wii Music Presentation at E3 2008, the Virtual Boy, the controversy of Tharja getting censored in Fire Emblem Awakening's Summer Scramble, the Japanese commercial of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, the Wii U sales, etc.
- Some are even part of the Masahiro Sakurai Ironic Hatedom simply because of... Melee?
- They seem to think that everyone hates Brawl though it received critical acclaim from critics while being based by Melee fanboys.
- The graphics are also one of their arguments. In truth, there are games with horrible graphics such as Bubsy 3D and Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
- Their reasons for hating Brawl seems to be very biased and poorly thought through.
- This list on The Top Tens.
- The Hatedom is mostly gone today.
- Some are sane and mature haters.
- They do have a point about Brawl's flaws such as random tripping and the poor online mode.
- A number of them acknowledge Melee's flaws.