Super Smash Bros. Leaks Fandom
A leak is a revelation of information about a game that has been released prematurely, especially without prior permission to release such information. While game developers go through great lengths to prevent leaks from occurring, it is very common for games to have important information leaked out before being formally revealed. Leaks can either be done intentionally via third-parties for a variety of reasons, such as increasing publicity for a game or for malicious intentions, or unintentionally via oversights that can appear in officially released media. One of the most notable offenders of leaking would be the Super Smash Bros. series which is infamous for leaking ever since Super Smash Bros. Brawl due to the significance of the more developed internet of the 21st century. A lot of Smash leaks tend to spread like wildfire so much that it can lead to big trouble.
Why They're SUPER Smashingly Toxic
- They don't understand that leaks can sometimes kill hype for many players and could even turn some people away from playing it. This depends on the leak.
- People who leak anything related to Super Smash Bros. usually do it to become attention hogs and use it for clickbait purposes.
- On YouTube, there are people such as LaxChris, WiiUGamer12 & Blocked Content who keep spreading leaks non-stop.
- Also, some leaks they cover are just ridiculous and obviously made as a joke yet still think they might be real, like this one.
- It's disrespectful to the authors and developers who make these games, even worse for presentations.
- The mindset does not understand people who leak games can end up in huge trouble such as a heavy fine or ban from online. One example would be this.
- Don't ever try to debunk or say any leak is fake because they will get ugly. It's not even funny.
- Typical internet trolls who try to manipulate people into believing the leak.
- They are everywhere on the internet and you can't even stop them. Especially on 4chan and GameFAQs.
- Every Time a new announcement for Smash bros is happening, many of them assume that the leaks would come true when nothing is announced at that time. The Grinch Leak and the Mecha leak were a good example of this.
- On the flip side, they would lose their minds when a character that was not featured in any leak gets announced. For example, Incineroar or Terry Bogard.
- What they don't get is that pretty much anyone can make a leak.
- They think Vergeben is the gospel of leaks when there were many times when he's wrong (such as "The first character in the Fighters Pass would be a Square Enix character") or unproven (Such as Minecraft related content being included in Smash).
- Many of them would make fun of people who believed in any leaks
- Irony: They make fun of gullible people yet some of them believed in any leak.
- The leaks spread like wildfire so much that even the rest of the Super Smash Bros. Fandom knows how bad it is.
- Even Masahiro Sakurai knows about leaks alone. Sakurai stated "To be honest, I’m truly glad that there wasn’t a leak… If word had gotten out that “Everyone Is Here,” then we wouldn’t have had this incredible reaction". The rest can be read here.
The Only Two Redeeming Qualities
- Some people didn't take the leak too seriously. And sometimes get it as a joke.
- Some admit their mistakes of believing any leak.