Team Fortress 2 Fandom
Team Fortress 2 (TF2) is a multiplayer first-person shooter game developed and published by Valve Corporation. It is the sequel to the 1996 mod Team Fortress for Quake and its 1999 remake, Team Fortress Classic. While the game is good, it has a borderline fandom.
Why They're So Toxic. Not Big Surprise.
- They are a part of the Overwatch Hatedom as they call it a rip-off of Team Fortress 2.
- In fact Overwatch was only inspired by TF2.
- They don't know how flawed the new competitive mode is and constantly defend it from criticism.
- There are lots of Free2Plays (F2Ps) who constantly beg for free items and cosmetics.
- Some TF2 players are even trolls.
- Some fans, especially those who play Sniper and Spy, are edgy and repeatedly spam binds such as the forced "Lenny Face" meme or taunt after every kill they get.
- These people can also jump to accusations quickly.
- Racial and sexual discrimination is quite common in the community, this article sums it up.
- They bully and start flame wars with the Overwatch fans (even the ones who are sane).
- According to them, no hats equals no skill.
- Even if you're wearing a hat, you can still be called a noob, this happens almost always to players who wear the Ghastly Gibus hat.
- They are ruining the The Meme Community by spamming memes too much.
- Chat and voice spammers post in the chat "GET GOOD GET LAMOBOX".
- They couldn't stop arguing over Pyro's gender over and over again.
- They overpraise Heavy so much to the point that it drives you insane.
- They are so toxic to the point that even the hatedom is healthier and have fair and valid reasons to dislike the game.
- They treat the Meet the Team videos like masterpieces and only watch them just for the memes rather than for the information for each member of the team.
Redeeming Qualities That Give Them a Sandvich
- They are definitely far better than most FPSs fanbases, and they are very loyal to the game itself. Most notably better than this one.
- They make tons of awesome TF2 artworks and videos.
- They are aware that the competitive mode is bad and has numerous flaws.
- There are still many great SFM videos.
- They are aware that Team Fortress 2’s updates are few and far between and the game is somewhat dying due to TF2tubers switching over to Overwatch, Paladins, Quake Champions or Fortnite.
- Not all of them hate Overwatch, some of them can like both TF2 and Overwatch.
- They didn’t obsessively beg for a remaster on PS4 and Xbox One, unlike this fandom.