The Google Play Community
Google Play, formerly Android Market, is a digital distribution service operated and developed by Google. It's the official app store for Android users, allowing shoppers to browse and download applications developed with the Android software development kit and published through Google. Google Play also serves as a digital media store, offering music, books, movies, and television programs. Google Play was launched on March 6, 2012, bringing together Android Market, Google Music, and the Google eBookstore under one brand, marking a shift in Google's digital distribution strategy. The services included in Google Play are Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Movies & TV, and Google Play Music. Following their re-branding, Google has gradually expanded its geographical support for each of the services. For a shopping app, it does have a bad community.
Why They Get No Google Play Pass
- A lot of these video game developers publish shovelware games, poor rip-offs of other games, useless "game instruction" apps, boring apps, and viruses.
- Many users make up false or immature reviews such as This movie is my life,without it I wouldnt be where I am today shrek has taught me evrything I have gone on to college to study ogreology and now after my 13 year course I am a fully trained professional ogreologist the most important life leson I have learned from the ogrelord is to always check yourself before you shrek yourself this has helped me in life to never recieve and shrexually transmitted diseases I eat onions and cry my eyes out showing my devotion to the ogre lord shrek is love shrek is life, This movie changed my life. The tragic tale of Barry B. Benson and his star-crossed love affair with a florist-lawyer-human, along with their struggle against the oppressive system, spoke with me on a spiritual level. 11/10 would get beaten with an Italian Vogue again., jojo's bizarre adventure cured my depression, walked my dog and paid off my student loans 100/10 will watch again, or Phenomenal show, the Character Arks and main story are amazing. The plot twist where the dad was actually the villians son was very well thought out and had some really good scenes. I will say the story ark with the brother and Peppa was a bit dissapointing, though mostly because it was lacking in dramatic scenes. I also think mama pig wasn't used enough Considering her great Character development in season 1, Besides this complaints the story is amazing. I seriously recommend this show.
- If that's not enough, some haters are not even better as well when they would make up cringey hate reviews such as "I hate this show Pappa pig is so dumb because all the kids have names but the parents do not have names".
- Even nostalgiatards are part of this community. In fact, why don't you go see most of the critical reviews of Teen Titans Go! and see how annoying they are.
- Not only movies and TV shows, but also some games as well. One example would be a critical review of Fire Emblem Heroes when a user named David Hertz said in his Fire Emblem Heroes comment "Nintendo is completely stupid and they should go out of business so srew you Reggie!". That's offensive to both Reggie and people who liked Nintendo or the said mobile game.
- Moral Guardians are also part of the community. For example, a user named Carie Morelock said in her review for Spider-Man Homecoming, "I can't believe the garbage in these movies!!, totally unnecessary language and sexual content. This is supposed to be a movie you can watch with the kids!...So disappointing." You do realize that Homecoming is rated PG-13 right?
- Speaking of the MCU Spider-Man films, even Raimi fanboys are present in the reviews of the MCU Spider-Man films as well.
- And don't get us started with the "positive" reviews of Leaving Neverland.
- Speaking of user reviews, many developers who are part of the community will use bots to write positive reviews about the game without any negative repercussions whatsoever. So much for a review system...
- These are the same idiots who pound on Apple products since this is Android/Google Play we are talking about.
- Even scammers and trolls are part of this community. They make up fake ads of mobile games such as the fake mobile game ads related to Super Mario Maker 2. Here is an example. Another example would be scams of free Google Play gift cards.
- If making false advertisements is bad enough, some people would even make fake games of real games. One example would be people making fake versions of Fortnite apps don't do anything at best or potentially damage your device at worst.
- The app and this community itself is one of the reasons why some people stay away from Android in general or lie about using Android unironically. However, that doesn't mean Android is a bad platform.
- Even hackers are part of this community, they try to hack Google Play's in-app purchases which can lead to big trouble.
- Some mature and legit users and developers who don't do the already mentioned things above.
- As mentioned before, Google Play is removing some controversial apps idiots make.
- Some of the sarcastic reviewers can be hilarious such as Baguette Boy.