The King of Fighters Fandom
The King of Fighters is a series of fighting games that was created by SNK starting of with The King of Fighters '94 in 1994. It was originally for the Neo Geo arcade hardware thus being the main platform of the series until 2004. Ports of the arcade games and the original The King of Fighters games have been released for several video game consoles. The series focuses on the titular tournament where fighters from multiple SNK games take part. SNK also created original characters to serve as protagonists from each of their story arcs while still interacting with the members from The Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, and among others. Multiple crossover games that also feature SNK characters existed as well such as SNK vs Capcom, Geese Howard in Tekken 7, Kyo Kusanagi in Fighting Days, and Terry Bogard in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. While the series was successful, it still has a toxic fandom.
Why They Aren't Allowed At The King of Fighters Tournament
- They mainly come from the Fighting Game Community, the SNK/NEO-GEO Fandom, the BlazBlue and Street Fighter hatedoms for obvious reasons.
- Some of them are fanboys who are obsessed with some of the female characters such as Mai and Leona as prime examples.
- Not even a few characters such as Athena Asamiya (she's 17 in KOF '94), Hinako Shijou, Kula Diamond, Malin, and Nakoruru (She did appear in KOF XIV as a playable character) are not safe from the hands of pedophiles.
- Edgelords are still present in the fandom since some characters such as Iori Yagami, Angel, Mature, Vice, K', Luong, Kukri, Najd, etc do look "edgy".
- They are shown to be really bitter towards any fighter that is not from King of Fighters such as the ones that appear in Tekken, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue, anything related to Capcom (such as the Street Fighter characters), you name it.
- They blindly hate Fatal Fury which is ironic since the game series gave birth to the KoF franchise.
- If you were to say you do not like KoF, they will be really butthurt and start calling people names.
- Similar enough, things will get really ugly when you say you like Capcom.
- Whenever a KoF game fails, they will plain on other video game companies (especially Capcom) for SNK's failures.
- They lack knowledge of KoF. They claim that KoF is underrated when KoF is popular in China and Latin America.
- Hypocrisy: They think that SNK is underrated yet they somehow think that King of Fighters is mainstream. Yes, it's one of SNK's biggest franchises yet it's really popular in China and Latin America.
- Speaking of King of Fighters, they think that is was really huge back in the '90s when others games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct were big as well or even bigger than King of Fighters.
- When it comes to King of Fighters and other SNK fighting games, they somehow think that other fighting game companies do not exist when it is just stupid.
- Back in the days when Fatal Fury came to existence, few KoF fans thought it was cool to hate it simply because it looked almost like Street Fighter. This lead to having fans think that King of Fighters would be better off without Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury characters. Nowadays, Fatal Fury has gotten a lot more attention very fast back then.
- They even think that KoF '94 only made Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Joe Higashi, and Kim Kaphwan popular when it is not true.
- Starting off with Terry, he would basically be the main face and mascot of SNK in general. Even more so than Kyo.
- Andy Bogard was popular because of how Mai Shiranui is madly in love with him. Not to mention that he is Terry's brother.
- Speaking of Mai, she is SNK's sex symbol and the most recognizable female in SNK.
- Joe Higashi was voted as the second favorite character in a character popularity poll on Neo Geo Freak's website due to his comic relief persona.
- Kim was voted as a tenth fan favorite in SNK-Playmore' s poll back in 2005 and The Gamest's 1997 Heroes Collection Poll.
- They even think that The King of Fighters '94 would be popular is no Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting characters did not appear which is just stupid.
- They cried over the commercial and critical failure of King of Fighters XII and XIII.
- Some would complain about the 3D KoF games when some did well such as KoF XIV. One perfect example would be the Maximum Impact series.
- Some would lose interest in a particular KOF game because of the exclusion of one character. Come on guys, it's only a franchise.
- Some may be part of the WWE Fandom due to how some real-life WWE wrestlers appeared in King of Fighters All-Stars.
- They act impatient when The King of Fighters XV's trailer was not revealed because of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Some are aware of KoF's flaws.
- Some are not rabid haters of the 3D games. In fact, some would like the 3D games.
- Not all of them hate Fatal Fury and some would like the series.
- Some do get along with other fighting game fans that prefer other fighting games like Street Fighter.
- Some may like other fighting games.
- Still a lot of amazing fan art.
- Fatal Fury hate is mostly hard to find nowadays.