The Meme Community
An Internet meme, commonly known as meme (pronounced "meem"), is an activity, concept, catchphrase, or piece of media that spreads, often as mimicry or for humorous purposes, from person to person via the Internet. Memes usually take the form of an image (traditionally an image macro), GIF or video. It may be just a word or phrase, sometimes including intentional misspellings or corrupted grammar. Memes have been a concept since the mid-1990s, and developed a community relating to them with the founding of social media sites, which became toxic during recent years.
Why They're "Normies" Themselves
- Mostly no one seems to be aware of how bad and at times horrible it is. Rarely anyone talks about its problems which shows that there are many people who are actually fine with it, even though some jokes are simply said bad-taste.
- They are pretty vocal and can get really annoying, even in real life.
- They call people offensive names such as "cancer", "retarded", "cuck" or "autistic". These can be offensive to people who have such conditions, and just shows how they know nothing about how those conditions are like.
- Like many people in cartoon, gaming, anime, sports, movie, music, television, and YouTube communities , they treat The Emoji Movie, Jake Paul, Logan Paul, Teen Titans Go!, Pokémon Sword and Shield, Dragon Ball Super, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Donald Trump, the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, Twilight Saga, Ariana Grande, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, T-Series, Behind the Meme, Sword Art Online, Bubsy, Todd Howard, Cameron Boyce, Anisa Jomha, SMG4, Rebecca Black, Power Rangers Megaforce & Power Rangers Super Megaforce, Disney XD, Cleveland Browns, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patroits, Tom Brady, Golden State Warriors, Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Jesus Christ, Bleach, Garena Free Fire, Caillou, and Dora the Explorer like they're the worst things ever to exist. They will not only bash and attack people who like them, but also spam hate comments on almost every image and video that has something to do with them.
- On the flip side, they treat PewDiePie, the first two Shrek films, LazyTown, Despicable Me, Gabe Newell, Hirohiko Araki, VeggieTales, Cory in the House, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Elf, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Thanos, Communism, Fortnite: Battle Royale, Animaniacs, Peppa Pig, Markiplier, the Super Mario Maker series, Jetix, the original Teen Titans TV series, SpongeBob SquarePants, Attack on Titan, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Elon Musk, the Donkey Kong Country TV series, Bee Movie, Love Live, Doki Doki Literature Club, Rick and Morty, both Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Joker (2019), Mega Man (Ruby-Spears), The Emperor's New Groove, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Masahiro Sakurai, Call of Duty, Dragon Ball Z, the Star Wars Original Trilogy, the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Cars, Monsters, Inc., Undertale, Deltarune, Mortal Kombat, Team Fortress 2, God of War (2018), Roblox, Minecraft, Urban Dictionary, iFunny, Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario Odyssey, Space Jam, Jacksepticeye, Fire Emblem Heroes, Power Rangers in Space, Garfield Kart, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Pokémon Sun and Moon, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy (especially Spider-Man 2), Madagascar (the animated film series, not the country), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Fox Kids, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Persona 5, Naruto, Initial D, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no yaiba, PaRappa the Rapper, One Punch Man, Untitled Goose Game, Seinfeld, The Office (US), Danny DeVito, The Mandalorian, JonTron and many more like they were gifts from God. If you disagree, they will antagonize you.
- They love to make awful reviews as can be shown here and here.
- They were responsible for taking away meanings for words such as "dank", "cringe", "normie" and many others.
- Some of the people in the community are actual normies, yet there are non-normies in the community that call other people "normies" without knowing the meaning of the word.
- Don't try to correct them. If you do, then they will immaturely bash on you, attack you, or encourage other users to witch-hunt on you.
- Nowadays, they are very defensive of their memes and usage of offensive terms, using lame excuses such as "That's the internet", "If you are easily offended, get out." and the old-fashioned "It's just a joke." on offensive/edgy comments or memes they make as a way to hide their negative reputation.
- Some people keep using "dead" (that is, outdated) memes (e.g. Harambe, Ugandan Knuckles).
- They're very picky and hypocritical about the meme edits on YouTube, especially towards smaller channels. Basically when a smaller channel tries to create a meme edit, they'll usually get dislikes for it, yet a bigger channel that does the same or similar edit that the small channel did, they get more likes for it and get off scotfree.
- A lot of new memes tend to die very quickly and some new memes tend to come out too quickly leading to over-saturation as a result. In addition, a lot of new memes that are coming out tend to be overused, "normified", garbage, or just flat out dull or incredibly mediocre.
- One example is the "Press F to pay respects" meme, which has been overused to the point that it's starting to get really disrespectful to the person who died.
- Many of them hate it whenever someone makes videos that explain the backgrounds and origins of memes, dislike-bombing such videos. The most notable victim of these is the YouTuber Behind the Meme.
- This also happened to a video made by the SpongeBob SquarePants official YouTube channel.
- In YouTube, they spam a lot of "memes" in the comment sections, which is the bulk of comment sections nowadays.
- They love to shoehorn meme characters (Like Thanos, JoJo characters, Mr. Bean, Peppa, Shrek, Ugandan Knuckles, Sans, Shaggy, Morgana, The Child (aka Baby Yoda), Waluigi, Steve (Minecraft), Goose (Untitled Goose Game), etc) into almost anything in existence.
- They only watch certain movies, anime, and cartoons for the memes. Same can be said about listening to certain music or playing certain video games just for the memes.
- They make jokes about subjects or matters that shouldn't be joked about, such as autism, cancer, depression, suicide, AIDS, seizures, etc.
- In fact, most of them are made by kids, and the kids are EXTREMELY impressionable. Most of them have probably never witnessed a suicide or someone with a rare terminal disease, and yet they make fun of it like it's not a real problem in the world (with the exception of autism). Parents need to educate their kids more these days.
- There are a lot of great modern memes. Such are listed here.
- The YouTube Poops today are still great and even better than before.
- Some people in the community are mature and don't act like this.
- Some of the "But X" videos can be funny at times.
- Usually after a while many people will mature and will stop using offensive terms. Some of them even move on to create awesome and hilarious memes.
- The offensive stuff has been losing popularity in the past year.
- Memes of video games can be hilarious as long as they aren't negative.