The Muppets Ironic Fandom
The Muppets are an ensemble cast of puppets known for a wide variety of sketch comedies. This franchise was created by Jim and Jane Henson and spawned many forms of media associated with the Muppets such as television, music, and film. The Muppets first originated in the television series Sam and Friends. Following appearances on late-night talk shows and being on advertisements, they also appeared on Sesame Street in 1969 as well as appearing on their own shows. While The Muppets became one of the most iconic franchises in popular culture, it spawned an ironic following
Why This Fandom Has No Rainbow Connection
- To get the muppets out of the room, they are apart of The Meme Community where they would use Kermit the Frog as the subject of memes and will overuse him.
- Some of them are apart of the Sesame Street Hatedom for obvious reasons.
- Speaking of Sesame Street, many of them are also apart of the Elmo Hatedom. They hate Elmo simply because they think that he replaced Kermit the Frog from Sesame Street which is not true. Kermit was shown to have some recurring appearances on Sesame Street when Elmo became popular. Also keep in mind that if Kermit does not appear on Sesame Street anymore it's because Disney owns him and Kermit appearing on Sesame Street is really difficult and expensive for Sesame Workshop.
- They make some really dumb ships such as Kermit x Sonic the Hedgehog, Kermit x Pepe the Frog or Kermit x Froppy from My Hero Academia which is just stupid.
- They even ship Kermit with Elmo. keep in mind that there is a possible huge age gap between them.
- In this video, a huge part of the fandom started hating on Kermit's new voice actor, Matt Vogel simply because it was not Steve Whitmire or even Jim Henson. The comment section is full of nostalgiatards.
- Not even the Muppets are safe from objectophiles.
- Thanks to the furry community, they would make some really dumb furry fan art involving the Muppets.
- Many of them would make some really dumb crossovers such as Pooh's Aventures. Just because the Muppets did appear on crossovers before does not mean that you get to make dumb crossovers.
- There is even rule 34 involving the Muppets which does not make any sense because the Muppets are puppets and puppets don't even have genitals. Also, this would be considered either zoophilia (because of characters like Kermit, Fozzie, Ms. Piggy, etc) or objectophilia since they are puppets.
- When Kermit is shown to have a new girlfriend name Denise, the feminist part of the fandom was throwing a fit. This can explain. Nostalgiatards all over again.
- Another thing is that when the 2018 reboot of the Muppet Babies came to existence, many people raged when that happened simply because of how the series is CGI and a new character named Summer Penguin. Just because it's not like the original does not mean that it is bad. This post can explain. In fact, they raged when Skeeter was replaced with Summer Penguin. It's just a freaking show DANG. Do you think you're the master of Jim Henson?
- Some of them hate Donald Trump because of this parody.
- Some of them watch the shows and movies just for the memes rather than for the purpose of pure comedy.
- There is still a lot of good fan art.
- A lot of nice people who are willing to accept changes.
- Not all of them hate Sesame Street or Muppet Babies 2018 in the most rabid way possible.
- Some memes can be funny.