The Simpsons Ironic Fandom
The Simpsons is an American animated television sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical depiction of working-class life, epitomized by the Simpson family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield and parodies American culture and society, television, and the human condition. Even though the show is a good sitcom, the fandom is definitely horrible.
Why they're not welcome to Springfield
- They treat Lisa as if she was satan while they make Bart and Homer like their deities in the series.
- They like to witch-hunt people who simply prefer other Fox shows without knowing that people have different tastes and how not everybody has to like the show.
- They don't love the show, they adulate it.
- Just like this fandom they use this copypasta:
"This tv show has changed my life. I feel more openly expressed, more funny, and more talkative because of my favorite Simpsons moments, Simpsons characters, my favorite is Bart Simpson, then Mr Burns, then Ralph, then Milhouse, then Comic Book guy, then Principal Skinner,then Homer, then Apu, then Uter, then Nelson, then Troy Mcclure, then Rod and Todd, my favorite quotes, eat my shorts and ha-ha inspire me too. I want to write for this show when I grow up, I already have some storylines! My favorite episodes inspire me too, they are Mr Plow, call Mr Plow thats my name that name again is Mr Plow, Marge vs the Monorail, Bart's girlfriend, and my favorite of all, Two dozen and one Greyhounds. It is such a good episode and parody of 101 Dalmatians. It is very funny with an interesting plot, characters, and story line, like every Simpsons episode, the best part part of the episode and the series is when Mr Burns sings See my Vest. Its such a funny and entertaining song thats a parody of a song from Beauty and the Beast. BOOM!!! Another reason of the Simpsons brilliance. All of the jokes and pop culture references and parodies. If you are wondering if you should watch the Simpsons the answer is heck yes if you do not then doh!!! I hope that I have inspired a generation of people to watch and enjoy the Simpsons how I have watched and enjoyed it and been inspired by the show. The show is truly a life-changer and is now my lifestyle along with Jesus of course. P.S. I want a Bort license plate, a Krusty Burger, a squishee, Radioactive Man #1, a Woodrow picture, an elephant named Stampy, I want to see the Radioactive man movie, and I want a great dog named Laddie. Ha! Those were all Simpsons references one from each season 1-8, the prime of the Simpsons, although every season is great, it has not lost its step it is still exquisite and life changing. You probably did not know that those were Simpsons references because you are probably reading the reviews to see if you want to watch the show. Well, know you know those Simpsons references, and you will learn more when you start watching the show. Please watch the show I hope I haven scared you off with my long review, I just love that much and you will too. In conclusion, watch the show and you will find yourself in a world of great quotes, great laughs, great plots, great storylines, great characters, great episodes, and a great show. Thank you everyone."
and spam it so much to the point that it really gets on your nerves.
- Similar to the Mario , Transformers, Super Sentai, Homestuck, Regular Show, Beyoncé and Pokemon Fandoms, they act superior and not only that, they act like they're superior compared to other fandoms mentioned here.
- Some nostalgia fans of the show admire the original 10 (or rarely the pre-HD) seasons and bash on the later seasons (11-present) non-stop, which just drives you insane.
- Some of them treat seasons 11 to present like they’re the spawn of Satan and think that all post-season 10 episodes suck. Gee, does this sound familiar?
- Many of them are also part of the Family Guy Hatedom.
- They make too much NSFW content out of the underaged characters and some animals in the show.
- They're incest shippers, since they started the "Simpcest" trend. If you don't know what it is, it is basically shipping the Simpson family with each other, including fanart which shows them having sexual intercourse.
- In addition, they also have pornographic fanart of Milhouse, Ralph and other characters who are children. They set "age ups" when there's no sign of an official adult design and/or confirmed ages in the series for those characters. It doesn't help since it has flooded websites Rule 34 and Hentai.
- Some of them made a ridiculous crossover ship between Lisa and Blossom from The Powerpuff Girls.
- They think Disney's Big City Greens is a ripoff of The Simpsons, despite that its concept completely differs it.
- They destroyed the reputation of the Cartoon Community and the Meme Community.
- Some of them only watch the show just for the memes rather than for the actual episodes or the characters.
- They tend to overuse a lot of memes such as Steamed Hams, Bart hits Homer with a chair, Milhouse is Not a Meme, Bart and the Megaphones, just to name a few.
- Some parts of the fandom are actually good, including the Hit & Run community.
- They do have a point on some bad episodes like "Lisa Goes Gaga","The Boys Of Bummer", "On A Clear Day, I Can't See My Sister" and "The 90's show".
- They are aware that the show in itself has been dropping in quality.
- Some memes made by them are funny.