The Super Mario Maker Community
Super Mario Maker is a series of platforming and level creation games created by Nintendo. The first game was released on the Wii U (and later on the 3DS) and not only do players make and submit courses, but also be part of the 100 Mario Challenge where they can play through a set of randomly seleted user-created courses with 100 lives. Alternatively, players can play the 10 Mario Challenge, where they play a selection of the game's pre-made courses with only 10 lives. The second game titled Super Mario Maker 2 was released on the Nintendo Switch which features new course assets, local and online multiplayer modes and a story mode where Mario has to help the Toads build a castle for Princess Peach. While both games were well recieved, it had gotten infamy in the community.
Why This Fandom Needs A Better Level
- Let's address the biggest problem in this community: the Kaizo levels which are known to be grueling to many Mario players. You probably know what we're talking about.
- The community is also filled with trolls who would make levels that involve trolling players. One notable example is YTSunny.
- They managed to flood everywhere on both games. Especially the sequel.
- Some levels can be innappropriate too. One example is this incest level.
- They give Super Mario Maker a REALLY bad name.
- The really hard and troll levers tend to overshadow the best levels in Super Mario Maker.
- Some of the levels they make could be tedious and annoying to play through, mostly because of cheap enemy or hazard placement.
- The community is filled with little kids, tryhards, elitists and manchildren.
- Some courses are even memetic as well such as the Yoshi Commits Tax Fraud by Reus level or the Steamed Hams level by J Fresh.
- Some of the fans of Mario Maker 2 would mock Wii U fans. one example is this meme.
- It ruined both The Gaming Community and The Meme Community.
- Many course makers have a tendency to spam these parts to the point where it would get on your nerves.
- They overuse this Piranha Creeper Plant Meme.
- Some levels are mediocre like ones that have you going through Piranha Plants placed everywhere, or ones that leave you in a land full of nothing only to find a cruel section at the end.
- They raged like manchildren when Amiibo functionality was removed in Super Mario Maker 2.
- There has been some trolls who would post fake advertisements of Super Mario Maker 2. One example is this
- Some courses can be really good.
- Not all of them hate the 3DS and Wii U versions or the consoles themselves.
- Nintendo is aware about this problem such as the inappropriate stages.
- They do have a point that removing Amiibo functionality was a bad move.