Tom and Jerry Fandom and Hatedom
Tom and Jerry is a theatrical cartoon series focusing on the rivalry of the titular cat and mouse duo which were created by Hanna-Barbera in 1940. The series had won several Academy Awards for their cartoons. The series was so successful that it’s still popular to this day with several spinoff shows and Direct to Video films. While Tom and Jerry is an awesome cartoon, the fandom and hatedom on the other hand can have a very toxic rivalry against each other even more so than Tom and Jerry themselves.
Why Tom and Jerry Can't Use Same Tricks On Them As They Did on Each Other
- Both the fans and haters lash opinions with each other.
- They don’t just love Tom and Jerry, they magnify it!
- Most of them have debates if either Tom or Jerry is the best character, there’s nothing wrong with liking both characters you know.
- They make tons of unnecessary memes out of it.
- They make disturbing art out of the characters as well such as ThomasPussyCat and ColossalStinker.
- Some of them go as far to ship Tom and Jerry together. First of all, Tom and Jerry are rivals, and secondly, Tom and Jerry each have their own love interests.
- Many of them overreacted when Tom and Jerry talked on the movie when they think they’re supposed to not to. They did talked occasionally on a few cartoons before.
- They keep exalting the early Hanna-Barbera era and bash on any other era and the movies and shows non-stop, even though not all post-early Hanna-Barbera Tom and Jerry cartoons and spinoffs are bad and can actually be good like the Chuck Jones era, Tom and Jerry Kids, Tom and Jerry and the Magic Ring, Tom and Jerry Tales, Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry, Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes, The Tom and Jerry Show (2014), as well as a few others.
- Some of them keep bragging the fact the series won 7 Academy Awards, which is more than any other short film series except Silly Symphonies, which also won 7 Oscars.
- Some of them may only watch Tom and Jerry just for the memes rather than for the purpose of slapstick.
- They hate Tom and Jerry just because they think it’s one-sided and Jerry usually wins, Jerry doesn’t win all the time, Tom defeated Jerry a couple of times.
- They hate Tom and Jerry because it’s everywhere in merchandising. Other popular cartoons such as Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo, and SpongeBob can be found on a lot of merchandising as well.
- They hate it because of the racism in the Hanna-Barbera cartoons.
- Some of them make hate art out of it.
- They keep thinking that the show’s for babies when it really isn’t.
- Some of them only hate Tom and Jerry just because of the direct-to-video crossovers such as the Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka.
- Some fans are really nice and mature that 45% of the fandom can respect opinions and don’t do the following actions above such as BobClampettFan164.
- Many fans can make amazing fanart and fanfictions out of them.
- They do have a good point on the Gene Deitch era not being the best era.
- Some people who don’t like Tom & Jerry: The Movie are aware that Tom and Jerry had spoke a couple of times before.
- There are some fans that like both the classic shorts, the shows, and Tom & Jerry: The Movie, as well as the DTV films.
- Some of the memes and YTPs can be funny at times.
- The Hatedom can be just as bad if not worse.
- They also do have a point that its movie adaptation isn't that good and The Willy Wonka and the chocolate Factory and Tom and Jerry Crossover is boring and pointless.
- If you’re lucky enough, you might find someone who likes the Tom and Jerry and Willy Wonka crossover as well.
- Some fans are aware that there's more to Tom and Jerry than just the early Hanna Barbera era.
- On top of that, some fans even like the Chuck Jones era, Tom and Jerry Kids, Tom and Jerry and the Magic Ring, Tom and Jerry Tales, Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry, Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes and The Tom and Jerry Show (2014) as well.
- A few mature haters who can respect opinions.
- Some of them are aware that Tom had won over Jerry a couple of times before.
- They do have a good point that it can get repetitive at times.