Violet Evergarden Fandom
Violet Evergarden is a series of Japanese light novels written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase. The series focuses on the titular character Violet who journey is to restore back into society after the war is over and her search for her life's purpose now that she is no longer a soldier in order to understand the last words major Gilbert had told her: "I love you." The entire story talks about Auto Memory Dolls who work to assist others by writing for them both human or mechanical. While the series may be successful, it does have a toxic fandom.
Why This Fandom Does Not Understand Internet Love
- First off, if you were to say that you disliked episode 10, they will attack you by saying "you don't understand" which is just pathetic since not everyone has to like an episode.
- They call it a masterpiece when they are anime that is as good or even better than Violet Evergarden.
- Whenever someone sees criticisms of Violet Evergarden, they will overreact Reddit is a good example of this when fans overreact.
- They only like the said anime simply because of the Visuals. It takes more than visuals to be a good anime.
- They complain about the said show being in a slow pace. Well did you expect the anime to be perfect?
- They have a tendency to overhype it to death to the point that they call it "The best thing since sliced BUREADU".
- They even manage to make some dumb crossovers
- They even manage to ship Violet with Rokurouta Sakuragi from Rainbow Nisha Rokubo no Shichinin.
- They call Violet Evergarden depressing when there are more depressing moments out there in real life.
- Some of them even make dumb memes. One example is this Jesus Christ meme which is offensive to those who believed in Jesus.
- Speaking on dumb memes, they even managed to make this which is offensive to those who have autism.
- They will non stop talking about how Violet Evergarden is basically Saber from the Fate series too the point where it would get old quickly. First off, they may have similar appearances but there different.
- Violet Evergarden fanboys who want to marry her. One example is this pic on Pinterest.
- This post on Reddit
- They would make lame wars on how old is Violet.
- Many of them are obsessed with ships. one example is this Pinterest.
- Many of the fans are weeaboos for obvious reasons.
- The fans are shown to be mostly good.
- There is still a lot of great fan art.
- A lot of nice people.
- A lot of sane and mature fans who except criticism.
- They make a lot of good reasons why they like the series.
- Some are aware of the flaws like slow pacing.
- Cringey fan art is pretty rare.
- Some memes can be decent or funny.
- Speaking of memes, at least it's not as memetic or bad as this one
- They do have a point about the series being sad.
- They paid their respects to Kyoto animation after the attack.