Yuri (Doki Doki Literature Club!) Fandom
Note: Not to be confused with Yuri Sakazaki from the SNK games or the voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal
Yuri is one of the main characters in Doki Doki Literature Club!, one of the five members of the Literature Club, and one of the three characters for whom the player can write poems. Being the tallest female in the game, Yuri is portrayed throughout the majority of the game as being shy, generous, polite, apologetic, very intelligent, mature, eloquent, and passionate about topics she is interested in, although she is also very insecure, awkward, and has a tendency to act slightly condescending and patronizing to mask her self-doubt. Yuri has a deep desire to be liked by others and is afraid to speak her mind on matters as she believes it will make her seem unlikable. Due to her social ineptitude, she can be innocently insensitive, but once she realizes what she said could be considered rude, she almost immediately apologizes, repeatedly saying she did not mean it. As stated by the protagonist, Yuri likes to think before she says something. while being the "shrinking violet" of the game, she also has a toxic fandom.
Why They Hurt Her Feelings
- First off, they make jokes about her death which is not only unfunny but can also spoil the game to anyone who has not played or finished the game.
- They constantly spam "Yuri is the best girl" everywhere. It's that simple.
- They tend to look down on anyone who hates Yuri. They could even mock other girls such as this.
- Yuri fanboys, no explanation needed!
- They even do some bad ships as well such as self insert ships, Yuri x Nageki (Hatoful Boyfriend), Yuri x Hitler, just to name a few.
- They even ship Yuri with The Protagonist who is supposed to be the player. Remember shippers doing player ships with Baldi and Lyn? Yeah, you do!
- These idiots don't admit her flaws.
- Some would only play DDLC just to see her. There's more to DDLC than just her.
- This Reddit that claims she's a nazi as well as this nazi picture.
- On a similar note, there are also jokes about her being a Communist which is nothing to joke about. Communism is serious...
- Some mature fans who can consider other opinions and have legit reasons to like her.
- A lot of nice fan art of her.
- At least it's more tolerable compared to Monika's.
- Some memes can be funny if done correctly.
- Some admit her limits.